The Arvada Center and Regis University are partnering with the Tattered Cover Book Store to present the Colorado Book and Arts Festival, a one-day literary arts festival celebrating books, art and music for the whole family. The Arvada Center will be filled with award-winning authors, panel discussions, an onsite pop-up Tattered Cover Book Store, children’s area, artist booths, musical performances and more.
Don't miss a Keynote Conversation with Peng Shepherd, author of The Book of M. The dystopian themes of Shepherd's novel extend beyond the festival as we further our exploration into this year's NEA Big Read selection, Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel.
Saturday, March 16
12 pm – Keynote Conversation
12 pm – 4 pm – Festival
6901 Wadsworth Blvd.
Arvada, CO 80003
- Exhibit Hall with authors, artists, music and more (Ballroom A-D, Hallway)
- Tattered Cover Book Store pop-up book store (Room 11)
- Onsite pop-up café, coffee shop and snack bar (Room 11)
- Story time for kids (Room 14)
- Children’s area with activity stations led by popular authors that encourage active participation (Arvada Center History Museum)
Literary Events, Ballroom E
- 12-1:00 p.m. Keynote Conversation with Peng Shepherd (additional ticket purchase required)
- 1:30 p.m. Station Eleven Staged Reading and discussion, Directed and moderated by Lucas Reilly
- 3:00 p.m. Test your literary knowledge with book trivia, hosted by Tattered Cover Book Store
The children’s area will be filled with activity stations led by popular authors that encourage active participation; the authors have taken themes from their books and twisted them into fun games and learning experiences. It can be a challenge to keep younger readers attention during panel discussions, so these educational activities made just for them create excitement about reading and show that books are more than just words on a page. Young Adult and Adult authors will have more traditional tables where attendees can meet the author and get their books signed.
100% of the proceeds from this event support the nonprofit Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities.
The Arvada Center is one of the most awarded and acclaimed cultural organizations in the region, featuring Broadway-caliber musicals and plays, headline concerts, awe-inspiring art exhibitions, educator-respected Arts Day and children’s theatre and professional-level training and education in the visual and performing arts.